Serving & Supporting our Community
During this time, there is no higher priority than our Members, our Team, and our Community. Check back here often for the latest updates.
Last updated: May 13th
Credit Unions were founded on the principle of People Helping People. Mazuma Credit Union is financially sound and remains strong. We know you want to keep in touch with your money and we are here to serve you.
Missouri and Kansas are starting to reopen. Does this mean the lobbies are also reopening?
Both Missouri and Kansas have begun to slowly open in phases. As an essential business Mazuma remains open during the pandemic by serving Members with our drive thru, online, mobile, and call center options. With the health and safety of our Members and Team as the utmost importance, at this time our lobbies will remain closed, except by appointment. As the Federal, State, County, and City guidelines allow we will continue to evaluate the right time to reopen each location while maintaining the appropriate social distancing.
When your lobbies open, will Mazuma be making changes?
Mazuma is making every effort to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and maintain a healthy environment for our Members and team. To ensure the best experience:
- - Mazuma will reopen a limited number of its lobbies until all lobbies are open. To ensure social distancing guidelines are maintained, a limited number of Members will be permitted inside each location at any one time with designated spacing markers made available to reinforce appropriate distancing
- - Member seating areas will be adjusted prior to reopening
- - Team Members will be sanitizing waiting areas, Member pc’s, counters, teller stations, desk surfaces, door handles, entryways, and seating areas throughout the day
- - The inside ATMs, coin machines, and safe deposit boxes will be sanitized after every use
- - Lobbies will be professionally deep cleaned every night using high-level antiviral cleaning agents
How are you protecting your Team Members?
Mazuma is requiring its Team Members to wear facial coverings to protect its Members and themselves. Mazuma will provide face masks and gloves for our Member-facing Team Members. Due to the uncertainty of supplies, Mazuma cannot guarantee that it will have enough face coverings or gloves for all team members. In the instance where there is an insufficient supply of face masks, a Team Member will wear a personal face mask. Team Members will also be provided training on proper use of PPE equipment. Mazuma has, and will continue, to encourage any Team Member who has been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to remain at home.
Should I wear a face covering to visit Mazuma?
Members are encouraged but not required to wear facial coverings inside Mazuma locations. Mazuma reserves the right to have a Member temporarily lower their facial covering in order to properly identify a Member according to our identification procedures in order to keep our Members’ accounts secure.
What is the best way to access my account?
Mazuma offers many ways for our Members to handle their accounts anytime, anywhere:
What if I need to access my account in person?
- Online Banking: Mazuma's online banking allows you to check your account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, set card alerts, apply for a loan and much more. To register, just click ‘Register’ at the top right of the page.
- Mobile Banking: Apple or Android, Mazuma has an app for you! Download the app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and log in using your online banking credentials.
- Mobile Check Deposit: Deposit those checks while wearing your pj's, we'll never know. To deposit your check, use your Mazuma App and take a quick pic of the front and back of your check. Check out this awesome tutorial on how to use mobile check deposit.
- ATMs: As part of the COOP Shared Branching network, you have fee-free access to over 55,000 ATMS across the country.
Great question! Based on guidance from the WHO and CDC, all our lobbies remain closed, but all our drive-thru locations remain open. We are regularly disinfecting the canisters. See the pen in the canister? Go ahead and take it! We are operating under the "you touch it, you take it" mantra.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Visit our locations
page to search find the nearest drive-thru or 24/7 ATM.
Should I be taking out a little extra cash “just in case”?
Please know that your money is safe and secure in Mazuma Credit Union. We have sound financial practices and your money is insured by the National Credit Union Administration (just like the FDIC for banks). Keeping extra cash at home means that it is not insured and cannot be replaced in the event of fire or theft. It's also a safety concern to carry large sums of cash. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, until then your dollars will be hard at work supporting the local Kansas City community.
What if I need to access my safe deposit box or need to make account changes?
Please give us a call at 913-574-5000
and we will help you schedule an appointment. We are limiting the number of visitors to our location.
My location doesn’t have a drive-thru, are you still open?
I’ve lost my VISA debit or credit card; how can I get a new one?
If your card is lost, please give us a call at 913-574-5000. We will arrange for a new one to be sent to you.
My job has been affected, and I’m worried about paying my bills. Can you help?
- Yes and No. Our Crossroads, Federal Building Location on Pershing, and MRI Global locations do not have a drive thru, but the teams are still inside busy working. Our teams have stepped up and are handling many other duties including supporting our call center and other areas of the Credit Union. You can visit these locations by appointment only. Please give us a call at 913-574-5000 and we will help you schedule an appointment.
- Yes! Mazuma is all about People Helping People. We are here to help in the good times and not so good times. Give our team a call at 913-574-5000 and let us know what’s happening and we will work hard to find a way to help. Currently we are offering:
- Skip A Pay: Available on most loans and credit cards. This will allow you to skip your next loan payment. While Skip A Pay doesn’t apply to first mortgage loans if you are having trouble making your payment please contact us directly at 913-574-5000.
- Loan Modifications: Each situation is different, and we want to work through the options with you. Give us a call and we will evaluate your options.
- Short term unsecured loans: Mazuma offers a variety of options to meet your short-term cash needs. In some circumstances, we can extend your first payment beyond 30 days. Apply online through online or mobile banking.
- XtraCash: This is a small unsecured loan designed for short term needs.
- CD: Have a 3 or 6-month Certificate of Deposit? Mazuma is waiving the early withdrawal fees for our 3 and 6-month CDs.
- 0% CD Secured Loan: To help you keep earning interest, instead of surrendering a CD to get cash, Mazuma is now offering 0% loans when secured against any Mazuma Certificate of Deposit in amounts up to $5000. This loan application is found on our web-site under the loans tab.
What do I need to know about the CARES Act?
As part of the federal government's response to COVID-19, a $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid Relief & Economic Securities Act (CARES Act) was signed into law on Friday, March 27th 2020. The purpose of this act is to provide financial relief for individuals, families and small businesses from the effects of the economic slowdown.
: Your payment amount will be based on your most recently filed tax return. Eligible taxpayers will automatically receive a payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples. Families can also receive an additional $500 for each qualifying child, up to 3 children, for a total family benefit of up to $3,900. The full rebate amount is available for those with incomes at or below $75,000 for individuals, $112,500 for head of household and $150,000 for married couples. For full details on how you will receive stimulus visit the IRS website
For more details about the stimulus payments, please visit our CARES Acts FAQ page
I'm a small business owner. How can you help?
Our Small Business Banking Team is relationship-focused, offering financial service solutions to help KC small businesses thrive!
As a Small Business Administration (SBA) lender, we are here to help you.
To apply for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan visit our PPP Loan page
How do I protect myself from scammers and potential risk?
Mobile Check Deposit Tutorial
iPhone Mobile App Tutorial
Android Mobile App Tutorial
Text Message Banking Tutorial
iPad Bill Pay Tutorial
Android Tablet Tutorial
Protect yourself by being aware of suspicious communication. This includes calls, emails, and text messages. Regardless of who asks, whether it is someone claiming to be from Mazuma, an online friend or family member, the IRS, or someone claiming that they need the information to help you in some way, you should never share your online banking or mobile banking username and password with anyone!
Mazuma Team Members will never ask you for this information. If you receive any communication that does, please call us at 913-574-5000
so that we can assist you. Scam artists take advantage of times like these to gain access to accounts. Common scams that financial institutions are seeing include COVID-19 related scams, romance scams, job-offer scams, payday lending scams and any number of other types of scams that focus on gaining access to your information and accounts. To keep track of your accounts, we recommend downloading our mobile app and setting up your accounts for text message alerts