Serving & Supporting our Community
During this time, there is no higher priority than our Members, our Team, and our Community. Check back here often for the latest updates.
Last updated: July 2nd
Credit Unions were founded on the principle of People Helping People. Mazuma Credit Union is financially sound and remains strong. We know you want to keep in touch with your money and we are here to serve you.
Missouri and Kansas are starting to reopen. Does this mean the lobbies are also reopening?
During this pandemic Mazuma has remained open to serve you through our drive thru, online, mobile, and call center options. Mazuma is phasing our lobby branch re-openings, the following locations are open and ready to serve:
Lee's Summit East
Lee's Summit West
Mazuma will continue to evaluate the on-going environment and will gradually reopen additional branches throughout the summer. Please check this page for the latest lobby reopening information.
Now that your lobbies are open, has Mazuma made changes?
To help keep the health and safety of our Members and Team as our number one priority:
- - We are maintaining social distancing. This means there will be limited occupancy in each location at any given time. We will continue to offer all teller transactions via drive thru service, including deposits and withdrawals, official checks and money orders, notary services, and instant issue VISA cards.
- - We encourage you to schedule an appointment for servicing your lobby needs.
- - When wearing a facial covering, you may be asked to briefly lower your mask or other facial covering for identification purposes.
Additionally, Mazuma has implemented the following protective measures:
How are you protecting your Team Members?
- - All Team Members will be wearing masks
- - Installed Plexiglass barriers at counters and consultation desks
- - Regular sanitization of waiting areas, Member pc’s, counters, teller stations, desk surfaces, door handles, entryways, and seating areas throughout the day
- - The inside ATMs, coin machines, and safe deposit boxes will be regularly sanitized
- - Adjusted Member seating areas and added markers to allow for social distancing
- - There will be no public restroom access at this time
- - Lobbies will be professionally deep cleaned every night using high-level antiviral cleaning agents
- - Any Team Member who has been exposed to or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will remain at home.
Mazuma continues to require our Team Members to wear facial coverings to protect our Members and themselves. Mazuma will provide face masks and gloves for our Member-facing Team Members. Due to the uncertainty of supplies, Mazuma cannot guarantee that it will have enough face coverings or gloves for all team members. In the instance where there is an insufficient supply of face masks, a Team Member will wear a personal face mask. Team Members will also be provided training on proper use of PPE equipment. Mazuma has, and will continue, to encourage any Team Member who has been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to remain at home.
Should I wear a face covering to visit Mazuma?
In accordance with the State, County, and Municipal orders, face coverings are required when inside our Crossroads, Gladstone, Lee's Summit East, Lee's Summit West, Midtown, Olathe, Overland Park and Troost locations. Mazuma reserves the right to have a Member temporarily lower their facial coverings in order to properly identify a Member according to our identification procedures in order to keep our Members’ accounts secure.
What is the best way to access my account?
Mazuma offers many ways for our Members to handle their accounts anytime, anywhere:
What if I need to access my account in person?
- Online Banking: Mazuma's online banking allows you to check your account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, set card alerts, apply for a loan and much more. To register, just click ‘Register’ at the top right of the page.
- Mobile Banking: Apple or Android, Mazuma has an app for you! Download the app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and log in using your online banking credentials.
- Mobile Check Deposit: Deposit those checks while wearing your pj's, we'll never know. To deposit your check, use your Mazuma App and take a quick pic of the front and back of your check. Check out this awesome tutorial on how to use mobile check deposit.
- ATMs: As part of the COOP Shared Branching network, you have fee-free access to over 55,000 ATMS across the country.
Great question! Based on guidance from the WHO and CDC, all our lobbies remain closed, but all our drive-thru locations remain open. We are regularly disinfecting the canisters. See the pen in the canister? Go ahead and take it! We are operating under the "you touch it, you take it" mantra.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Visit our locations
page to search find the nearest drive-thru or 24/7 ATM.
What if I need to access my safe deposit box or need to make account changes?
Please give us a call at 913-574-5000
and or schedule an appointment here
. We are limiting the number of visitors to our location, and appointment times may be limited.
My location doesn’t have a drive-thru, are you still open?
I’ve lost my VISA debit or credit card; how can I get a new one?
If your card is lost, please give us a call at 913-574-5000. We will arrange for a new one to be sent to you.
My job has been affected, and I’m worried about paying my bills. Can you help?
- Yes and No. Our Federal Building Location on Pershing, and MRI Global locations do not have a drive thru, but the teams are still inside busy working. Our teams have stepped up and are handling many other duties including supporting our call center and other areas of the Credit Union.
- Yes! Mazuma is all about People Helping People. We are here to help in the good times and not so good times. Give our team a call at 913-574-5000 and let us know what’s happening and we will work hard to find a way to help. Currently we are offering:
- Skip A Pay: Available on most loans and credit cards. This will allow you to skip your next loan payment. While Skip A Pay doesn’t apply to first mortgage loans if you are having trouble making your payment please contact us directly at 913-574-5000.
- Loan Modifications: Each situation is different, and we want to work through the options with you. Give us a call and we will evaluate your options.
- Short term unsecured loans: Mazuma offers a variety of options to meet your short-term cash needs. In some circumstances, we can extend your first payment beyond 30 days. Apply online through online or mobile banking.
- XtraCash: This is a small unsecured loan designed for short term needs.
- CD: Have a 3 or 6-month Certificate of Deposit? Mazuma is waiving the early withdrawal fees for our 3 and 6-month CDs.
- 0% CD Secured Loan: To help you keep earning interest, instead of surrendering a CD to get cash, Mazuma is now offering 0% loans when secured against any Mazuma Certificate of Deposit in amounts up to $5000. This loan application is found on our web-site under the loans tab.
What do I need to know about the CARES Act?
As part of the federal government's response to COVID-19, a $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid Relief & Economic Securities Act (CARES Act) was signed into law on Friday, March 27th 2020. The purpose of this act is to provide financial relief for individuals, families and small businesses from the effects of the economic slowdown.
For more details about the stimulus payments, please visit our CARES Acts FAQ page
I'm a small business owner. How can you help?
Our Small Business Banking Team is relationship-focused, offering financial service solutions to help KC small businesses thrive!
As a Small Business Administration (SBA) lender, we are here to help you.
To apply for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan visit our PPP Loan page
How do I protect myself from scammers and potential risk?
Mobile Check Deposit Tutorial
iPhone Mobile App Tutorial
Android Mobile App Tutorial
Text Message Banking Tutorial
iPad Bill Pay Tutorial
Android Tablet Tutorial
Protect yourself by being aware of suspicious communication. This includes calls, emails, and text messages. Regardless of who asks, whether it is someone claiming to be from Mazuma, an online friend or family member, the IRS, or someone claiming that they need the information to help you in some way, you should never share your online banking or mobile banking username and password with anyone!
Mazuma Team Members will never ask you for this information. If you receive any communication that does, please call us at 913-574-5000
so that we can assist you. Scam artists take advantage of times like these to gain access to accounts. Common scams that financial institutions are seeing include COVID-19 related scams, romance scams, job-offer scams, payday lending scams and any number of other types of scams that focus on gaining access to your information and accounts. To keep track of your accounts, we recommend downloading our mobile app and setting up your accounts for text message alerts